Posted in News
In our attempt to achieve drug map nirvana we are happy to say that over 92% of the 2.7million drug definitions received from Trusts are mapped to VMP or AMP. Of the remaining 8% three quarters relate to items that are not within the dm+d editorial policy (empty bottles and caps, protective clothing, CD destruction kits etc). The remaining quarter includes those that are administered as patient-specific infusion where the quantity of the active ingredient is not known but the item is a significant spend in a Trust. These are frequently high cost, chemotherapy drugs or antimicrobial drugs. In order for Trusts to be able to track the costs of these items by ‘chemical’, mapping to dm+d moiety has been implemented. In cases where the Trust description is ‘liposomal doxorubicin patient-specific infusion’, it is not possible to map to a virtual product specifying a quantity of active ingredient, so the item is now mapped to the moiety ‘liposomal doxorubicin’. The data can be reported on using the ‘Moiety’ option.