Rx-info’s Refine software runs on the same data platform as Define, but while Define looks externally to create prescribing and spending comparisons with peer organisations, Refine enables drug usage to be monitored and accounted for within an individual hospital Trust.
Refine is quick to load and easy to use, mapping data on a monthly basis, producing reports when you need them, and showing exactly where and how a drug or class of drug is being used within the Trust.
Data from different sources is combined in Refine to build a complete prescribing picture, which can then be analysed down to cost centre and consultant code. Refine can also analyse cost centres allocated to another trust under a Service Level Agreement to review the cost of drugs and reconcile against invoices.
Features of Refine include:
Drug level tracking
- Drug financial tracking and forecasting
- Overall Trust usage independent of prescription data supply source, for example Inpatient, Outpatient, Homecare, FP10 HNC, Third party outpatient supply, SLA supply
- Compatible with all pharmacy systems and data feeds
- Local Directorates to reflect your own Trust structure
- Local Formulary analysis and formulary mapping tools
- Indicative budgeting at Directorate or Cost centre level
- Cross link to Financial Account codes
- Cost modelling module to look at how therapeutic substitutions impact on anticipated costs
- Full ATC / DDD / BNF / DM+D / Local drug description compatibility
- Portability of reports to pdf, png image graphic and Excel compatible downloads
Refine can be configured to reflect the customer organisation’s structure, and like Define is compatible with all pharmacy systems include JAC, EMIS/Ascribe and EDS.
The software can be accessed with user-level password security, and like other Rx-info products, the licence for Refine has no limit on the number of users. Refine runs within secure NHS connections.