Tracking emergency drug boxes – in terms of paperwork usage and stock expiry dates – can be very time consuming.
EmBox has been developed by Rx-info to save time and cut administration, while also helping improve best practice. It tracks, and audits, emergency drug boxes, helping to ensuring they are properly stocked with in-date products.
It’s web-based and responsive, designed to work with box-specific QR codes for ease-of-use around the hospital on tablet computers.
Features of EmBox include:
- Box location mapping
- A three-month warning window on box expiry
- Product expiry date tracking
- Various user levels to allow for specific users to set up boxes, check boxes, issue boxes and define the contents of boxes
- Multiple types of emergency box e.g. cardiac arrest, paediatric arrest and anaphylaxis can be set up within the system
- Full audit of transactions
- Statistics of usage identifying high turnover and high expiry items to improve stock management
- Batch tracing in the event of product recall
EmBox runs on multiple devices within the NHS N3 environment and can be viewed by any authorised user with access to your secure N3 network wherever they are.