Central ePACT data
Posted in Announcement, News, Publications
Rx-Info Ltd and the NHSBSA (Business Service Authority) have been working together for many years to establish a centralised data capture for the secondary care ePACT data.
Together, we are pleased to announce that the centralised capture and load to the Rx-info systems will take this evening!
Please note that the system will be down from 17:00 18/01/2023 until 08:00 19/1/2023 to allow for the update and data to be processed. Reporting will not be available during this time.
Refine and Exend stock reports are likely to be a day in arrears until 20/1/23 when the processing will have caught up again.
What will the Centralised ePACT update mean to each Trust?
- Trusts will no longer need to download the FP10HNC data from the NHSBSA ePACT2 website for loading via the Rx-info Dataloader.
- All ePACT data will be captured for the country as soon as it becomes available, meaning there will no longer be any missing data from this source.
- UKHSA will be able to capture all secondary care antimicrobial information including FP10HNC data directly, accurately and completely from Define.
- An audit review has been successfully undertaken to reconcile activity uploaded from the Central feed with the data already uploaded by Trusts.
- The ePACT data will be uploaded each month by Rx-info and allocated automatically to organisations at that point.
- Reports will generate and reflect the medicines issues as soon as it becomes available and has been processed overnight.
- Central ePACT data is generally available around the 16th of each month.
- Rx-info will transfer activity (ADIoS anomalies) from the existing ePACT data sources to the new ePACT data source.
- Data will be captured retrospectively from 1/1/2017
- All existing ePACT data from this date will be removed from the system and replaced with the central feed to prevent double counting.